Pages

Sunday 11 September 2011

Aztec nails

Scouted at lollapalooza festival by vogue, I love this aztec look.the colours are amazing together. Very festival inspired.
Image courtesy of vogue
I loved the tribal inspired nail art so much I thought I would try the design myself. This design was so cheap to do.

How to get the Aztec look

I used a base coat on the nail first, so the bright colours doesn't stain the nail. I'm using "the edge base coat" which I bought at a beauty wholesale but any base coat will do.
imagery by Floralpolkadot

I chose these three colours, all available to purchase from boots at around £2.00 each. This pale colours work really well together. Apply the different colours to your nails.
imagery by Floral polkadot


Apply the colour to the nail use two or three coats to get a matte look.
imagery by floral polkadot
imagery by floral polkadot
Imagery by floralpolkadot

When the nail polish is dry, now it's time to add the tribal lines. I used these nail art pens which are available from "body care" which cost £1.99 for a pack of three and are available in lots od different colours. For my nails I'm going to use the purple and White nail art pen.
Imagery by Floralpolkadot

If you have a steady hand drawing the tribal lines onto the nail is pretty easy, but if you take your time. You can get the look. I drew three diagonal lines from the corner of the nail.
Imagery by Floralpolkadot

Imagery by Floralpolkadot

Then add three horizontal lines in the middle of the line connecting them to the other lines.
You can try your own designs. I fouund it easier to draw different designs on paper to practice.
Imagery by Floralpolkadot
Imagery by Floralpolkadot

If you want your aztec nails to last longer why not try "Sally Hensons diamond finish" it costs around £6.00 but it's a great way to finsh off your nails. It has a lovely gloss finish and it's a tough top coat so your nail colour will last longer.
Imagery by Floralpolkadot

Imagery by Floralpolkadot


Voila
Try different colours on different nails or experiment with nail polish's you all ready have.
Imagery by Floralpolkadot

No comments:

Post a Comment